JOBS at EIASE
Eastern Illinois Area of Special Education is a special education joint agreement in East-Central Illinois. We serve students ages 3 through 21 who reside in the 28 member school districts within the following eight counties: Clark, Coles, Cumberland, Douglas, Edgar, Effingham, Moultrie, and Shelby.
EIASE operates several programs for our member school districts including:
- Treatment and Learning Centers - 3 self-contained day schools for students with emotional disabilities located in Kansas, Humboldt, and Effingham.
- LIFE Academy - self contained day school for students with disabilities located in Mattoon.
- Deaf & Hard of Hearing Program - 3 classrooms for students who are deaf and hard of hearing located in Mattoon schools.
- Project HELP - Preschool programs for students who are "at-risk." These classrooms are located in several communities in the 8 counties EIASE serves.
- Itinerant Services - Services such as OT, PT, Pre-Vocational Teachers, Vision, Orientation & Mobility, & Deaf & Hard of Hearing provide services to students in their home schools.
EIASE covers over 5,000 square miles of Illinois. Our member school districts are: